Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Eve Eve

Today we cleaned house so that we are ready for the upcoming festivities.  But after we were done and after a nap (for Chloe) we baked some cookies then went for a drive to look at lights, when we got back we decorated the cookies!  It was a fun family day I hope we have a few more of these this week!
As I read all the Facebook posts with all the baking for scratch, candy making and perfect parties and crafts I realize that this year my cookies come from a mix, the gifts were wrapped by a four year old and they look like it, the candy is all from Hershey's and this is a perfect Christmas.  I spent years waiting to create the perfect Christmas for a child.  I am glad I am not stressing about being perfect and taking the time to enjoy the moments and the memories.  I know there will be years where I will be making everything from scratch but this is not one of them and I am OK with that, in fact I love it.








1 comment: